Hi, we’re Hathway!
Headquartered on California’s beautiful Central Coast in San Luis Obispo, with a fast-growing office in high-tech and bustling Dallas, our company is a unique blend of talent, clients, dreams and the aspiration to connect brands with people.
We are currently seeking an Associate Creative Director of Copy who masters in storytelling and content creation. This person will participate leading creative strategies, ideation sessions, and department growth. We are looking for a leader for our copy department, passionate about bringing brands to life through the process of story within CRM creative and commerce communications. This person will help bring an elevated level of concept and thoughtfulness to our client work as well as help shape our own go-to-market creative development to help deliver industry changing creative solutions that differentiate and enhance the unique Hathway brand and product position.
We are looking for someone who can roll up their sleeves and develop original concepts, oversee multiple projects from concept through execution, and inspire a growing team. You must have direct experience in copywriting, creative concepting, video production, execution, management, and presentation.
Additionally, the ACD of Copy will:
- Partner with the account and production teams to help manage senior level clients.
- Provide proposals and creative strategies for video, design, social activations that take brand creative to the next level
- Build relationships (internally and with clients) and collaborative leadership skills.
- Help lead, manage, and mentor junior creatives
- 5-10+ years of experience providing strategic brand and creative direction to top-tier clients, preferably global brands
- Collaborate closely with designers, UX/UI designers, senior-level creatives
- Lead photo and video shoots from concept through post-production
- Act as day-to-day lead for client projects, with minimal CD oversight
- A passion for technology, fashion, music, and design and an understanding of how those intersect culturally in the here and now
- Have experience leading, managing and mentoring junior creatives
- Have exceptional presentation and storytelling abilities
- The intellectual agility to look big picture instead of day-to-day
- Participate in new business development
- Demonstrate a commitment to excellence — working nonstandard hours when necessary, traveling when necessary, anticipating issues and communicating with diplomacy, identifying emerging platforms and trends to drive innovation.
- Lead the creation of the copywriting services playbook for internal and external documentation. Focused on the capabilities of the copy department from CRM, UX Copy, Interface Copy, Editing/QA and brand voice & tone.
Want to Join Us?
There’s an infectious energy at Hathway. We believe that our passion for our craft and desire to strive for work/life harmony are what set us apart. This is reflected in our 6 core values: Collaboration, Inclusivity, Imagination, Accountability, Excellence, and Fun! Along with our comprehensive benefits package, we provide regular company-wide lunches and happy hours, sponsor epic ping pong and foosball competitions, and encourage connection and personal development through our Lunch + Learns – think passion projects and discussion on new technologies and industry trends. Apply with us by completing the information below. You will have a chance to attach your resume and relevant portfolio work when you submit. Cheers!