Hi, we’re Hathway!
Headquartered on California’s beautiful Central Coast in San Luis Obispo, with a fast-growing office in high-tech and bustling Dallas, our company is a unique blend of talent, clients, dreams and the aspiration to connect brands with people.
Join the Hathway CRUX team, where creativity and thought leadership is highly valued and there is a strong understanding of the benefits and importance of Design Thinking.
As an intern, you will:
- Help our creative and UX teams make magic for some of the most recognizable brands in the world
- Demonstrate your attention to detail and problem-solving skills by creating new assets and modifying existing ones—paying careful attention to staying on-brand.
- Build application UI toolkits
- Design brand identity systems
- Create marketing print collateral/event swag
- Design CRM and various other marketing campaign communications such as emails and landing pages
- Have fun! We value our interns and try to find ways to have them work on key things that allow us to deliver amazing work to our clients… sometimes you’ll be doing behind-the-scenes tasks but everything you’re working on will make a difference to the company!
- Proficient knowledge of Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign and thorough understanding of graphic design principles, including basic UI layout, color theory and typography as it applies to interface and print design
- HTML/CSS/JS knowledge is always a plus!
- Flexibility working 2+ days per week during the school year and possibly full time during summer months
- Ideal duration of position 3 months, 24 hours per week – 6 hour intervals
- Curiosity, positive attitude and strong drive to learn from a fast paced agency environment.
- Current enrollment in a local 2 or 4-year design degree program (Graphic Design, Graphic Communication, Art and Design, etc)
- Preferred 1-2 year away from Graduation
- A well-curated online and/or print portfolio is a requirement
Want to Join Us?
There’s an infectious energy at Hathway. We believe that our passion for our craft and desire to strive for work/life harmony are what set us apart. This is reflected in our 6 core values: Collaboration, Inclusivity, Imagination, Accountability, Excellence, and Fun! Along with our comprehensive benefits package, we provide regular company-wide lunches and happy hours, sponsor epic ping pong and foosball competitions, and encourage connection and personal development through our Lunch + Learns – think passion projects and discussion on new technologies and industry trends. Apply with us by completing the information below. You will have a chance to attach your resume and relevant portfolio work when you submit. Cheers!
Hathway proudly provides Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and
prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex,
origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, and placement
all of the positions included on, but not limited to, our Careers page.