Hi, we’re Hathway!
Headquartered on California’s beautiful Central Coast in San Luis Obispo, with a fast-growing office in high-tech and bustling Dallas, our company is a unique blend of talent, clients, dreams and the aspiration to connect brands with people.
Reporting to the SVP of Technology, the DevOps Lead will be responsible for taking ownership of the TECH team’s existing DevOps processes and IP, and work with the TECH Leadership team to design & build DevOps processes into our software development life cycle, and ultimately own the DevOps team as it grows in 2021 and beyond. This is a new role within Hathway, and as such we are seeking an experienced DevOps person who has significant experience in AWS, CI/CD systems for Web & iOS/Android projects, as well as a desire to constantly innovate our DevOps processes to continue to make the work that Hathway does Ever Better.
- Take ownership over Hathway’s standard AWS Infrastructure model, and be responsible for designing and deploying incremental improvements to the infrastructure within the individual AWS accounts Hathway is responsible for
- Continuously analyze our client’s AWS usage, and use that analysis to design and implement iterative improvements to our AWS infrastructure model to exceed scalability and resiliency requirements for our customer-facing websites, apps, and API servers
- Design, build, and maintain a centralized IT logging, auditing, and monitoring solution
- CI/CD improvements & maintenance — design and implement improvements to our automated build and deployment systems; make recommendations for technology and process improvements to support growth projections
- Assess current manual processes and systems; design and implement plans to automate in collaboration with Tech team leadership and other team members
- Lead and participate in tech debt projects such as code repository cleanup and refactoring
- Create, maintain, and publicize documentation for DevOps systems and processes that you put into place
- Consult with project teams when unique infrastructural needs arise in connection with new scopes of work
- At least 6 years of programming and/or DevOps experience
- Deep experience designing & managing a complex infrastructure implemented in AWS
- Experience with the following systems & platforms is desired, but not required:
- Git/GitHub, as well as following git flow best practices with a large team of developers
- CI/CD solutions (Jenkins, Travis, CircleCI, etc.)
- Apple App Store Connect & Google Play Developer Console
- Google Cloud Platform / Firebase
- Experience with scripting/programming languages such as Ruby, Python, Shell/Bash, Node.js
- Experience with containerization and virtualization concepts & technologies such as Docker, Vagrant, VirtualBox, Kubernetes, as well as experience deploying a containerized architecture within AWS using ECS or some other equivalent.
- Ability to work with modern infrastructure and cutting edge tools & technologies, like machine learning and artificial intelligence
- The opportunity to contribute to high-impact, high-visibility, and high-quality software products with hundreds of thousands of daily users
- An open, transparent and fun work culture
- Flexibility and opportunity to work remotely, dependent on state
- A culture dedicated to professional growth, with continuing education enrichment, including paid certifications and subscriptions on training and education platforms
Want to Join Us?
There’s an infectious energy at Hathway. We believe that our passion for our craft and desire to strive for work/life harmony are what set us apart. This is reflected in our 6 core values: Collaboration, Inclusivity, Imagination, Accountability, Excellence, and Fun! Along with our comprehensive benefits package, we provide regular company-wide lunches and happy hours, sponsor epic ping pong and foosball competitions, and encourage connection and personal development through our Lunch + Learns – think passion projects and discussion on new technologies and industry trends. Apply with us by completing the information below. You will have a chance to attach your resume and relevant portfolio work when you submit. Cheers!
Hathway proudly provides Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and
prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex,
origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, and placement
all of the positions included on, but not limited to, our Careers page.