Hi, we’re Hathway!
Headquartered on California’s beautiful Central Coast in San Luis Obispo, with a fast-growing office in high-tech and bustling Dallas, our company is a unique blend of talent, clients, dreams and the aspiration to connect brands with people.
The Lead Angular Web Developer at Hathway is a highly capable software engineer with strong technical skills. As a Lead Angular Web Developer, you will optimize our application performance, as well as implement and maintain complex domain logic. You will collaborate closely with Engineering and internal teams, design and implement Angular modules, components, services, directives, as well as deliver highly performant, scalable, fault-tolerant digital experiences to millions of users.
- Program software solutions in accordance with business requirements
- Participate in product strategy, design, and product discussions with internal teams to determine how to deliver the best experience for users
- Mentor junior developers on software development techniques, standards, and best practices
- Communicate codebase capabilities and constraints to the product team to ensure requirements map to codebase capabilities
- Engage in knowledge sharing opportunities for the engineering team
- Collaborate with Engineering and internal teams to deliver a best-in-class customer experience for Hathway’s brands
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge and domain expertise for software architecture & engineering
- Perform technical discovery for new business logic capabilities that must be built into the codebase, and work with the product team to ensure requirements match with the capabilities of existing and new integrations with third-party platforms and services
- Develop web applications with an emphasis on front-end/presentation layer and domain logic; work with project teams to deliver the required features and functionality within the digital experiences
- Maintain and expand the front-end/presentation layer and domain logic so features and functionality can continue to be shared across all of Hathway’s client deployments
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong technical communication skills
- Must be able to work cohesively as a member of the team
- Able to multitask and prioritize tasks across multiple projects
- Proficiency in communicating technical concepts and solutions to non-technical audiences
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated understanding of web development protocols and front-end technologies: HTML5, CSS3, SCSS/SASS/LESS, JSON, XML
- Experience working with third-party developer tools such as Swagger, Cyprus, Git/Github, Docker, etc.
- Experience developing scalable systems and codebases, and developing testable, reusable, and efficient code without the explicit directive to do so
- Experience working with two or more from the following: web application development, Ionic application development, server-side applications, high load/high traffic user-facing web applications, cloud technologies, Unix/Linux environments
- Experience with Git, including how to manage & handle merge conflicts as well as working in an environment with a strict Git process such as git-flow
- 2-3 years of experience writing code in an object oriented language and/or web frontend framework; experience writing unit tests is preferred
- BS graduate in Computer Science/Engineering or a related technical field, or relevant experience in computer software engineering
- Ability to work with modern infrastructure and cutting edge tools & technologies, like machine learning and artificial intelligence
- The opportunity to contribute to high-impact, high-visibility, and high-quality software products with hundreds of thousands of daily users
- An open, transparent and fun work culture
- Flexibility and opportunity to work remotely, dependent on state
- A culture dedicated to professional growth, with continuing education enrichment, including paid certifications and subscriptions on training and education platforms
Want to Join Us?
There’s an infectious energy at Hathway. We believe that our passion for our craft and desire to strive for work/life harmony are what set us apart. This is reflected in our 6 core values: Collaboration, Inclusivity, Imagination, Accountability, Excellence, and Fun! Along with our comprehensive benefits package, we provide regular company-wide lunches and happy hours, sponsor epic ping pong and foosball competitions, and encourage connection and personal development through our Lunch + Learns – think passion projects and discussion on new technologies and industry trends. Apply with us by completing the information below. You will have a chance to attach your resume and relevant portfolio work when you submit. Cheers!
Hathway proudly provides Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and
prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex,
origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, and placement
all of the positions included on, but not limited to, our Careers page.