Hi, we’re Hathway!
Headquartered on California’s beautiful Central Coast in San Luis Obispo, with a fast-growing office in high-tech and bustling Dallas, our company is a unique blend of talent, clients, dreams and the aspiration to connect brands with people.
The Lead Software Architect at Hathway is an exceptional and experienced software engineer with technical leadership skills. As a Software Architect, you will take ownership of the Hathway codebase and contribute technical expertise to the vision for Hathway’s software products. In this role, specifically, you will work closely with the R&D Department to build out new prototypes, POCs, and new products.
Fundamentally, you will be responsible for providing domain expertise, advising on software architecture best practices, and generating innovative software architecture solutions that address business requirements. You will also be responsible for communicating codebase capabilities and constraints to the product team to ensure requirements map to codebase capabilities. You will also partner with internal teams to ensure that decisions being made are in service of efficiently sharing features and functionality across multiple clients.
The Lead Software Architect reports directly to the AVP of Web Engineering and works closely with the R&D and Engineering teams.
- Develop fully responsive, scalable Angular and Express API software solutions in accordance with business requirements
- Design, develop, test, and deploy software solutions to maintain and improve Hathway software products
- Collaborate with R&D Product Manager for product strategy, design, and implementation approaches to build prototypes, proof-of-concepts, and MVPs
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies, and processes to help ensure a high-quality, maintainable codebase. Produce artifacts that enhance or accelerate other development efforts, e.g. Postman collections, unit tests, Swagger docs
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge and domain expertise for software architecture & engineering
- Provide thought leadership towards a strategic technical vision for Hathway software products
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong technical communication skills
- Must be able to work cohesively as a member of the team
- Able to multitask and prioritize tasks across multiple projects
- Proficiency in communicating technical concepts and solutions to non-technical audiences
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- 4-6 years of experience writing code in an object oriented language and/or web frontend framework and developing automated tests
- BS graduate in Computer Science/Engineering or a related technical field, or relevant experience in computer software engineering
- 5+ years of Angular.js development (Angular 6+)
- 5+ years of Node and Express.js development
- Deep knowledge of design patterns and refactoring techniques that encourage code sharing
- Deep knowledge of Typescript
- Working experience with version control tools – Git, SVN, TFS etc.
- Proficient in developing and deploying the Web application on AWS cloud implemented on various web servers; AWS Developer certification nice-to-have
- Experience working in Agile development cycles using JIRA
- Familiarity with microservices and/or Ionic is a bonus
Want to Join Us?
There’s an infectious energy at Hathway. We believe that our passion for our craft and desire to strive for work/life harmony are what set us apart. This is reflected in our 6 core values: Collaboration, Inclusivity, Imagination, Accountability, Excellence, and Fun! Along with our comprehensive benefits package, we provide regular company-wide lunches and happy hours, sponsor epic ping pong and foosball competitions, and encourage connection and personal development through our Lunch + Learns – think passion projects and discussion on new technologies and industry trends. Apply with us by completing the information below. You will have a chance to attach your resume and relevant portfolio work when you submit. Cheers!
Hathway proudly provides Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and
prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex,
origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, and placement
all of the positions included on, but not limited to, our Careers page.