Hi, we’re Hathway!
Headquartered on California’s beautiful Central Coast in San Luis Obispo, with a fast-growing office in high-tech and bustling Dallas, our company is a unique blend of talent, clients, dreams and the aspiration to connect brands with people.
Hathway is looking for an Operations Manager to lead agency operations with duties ranging from process standardization to larger planning functions to support the growth of an industry leading digital agency. This role is critical to agency operations and requires a comprehensive understanding of interdepartmental processes, how projects flow through the agency and maximize efficiency.
The Operations Manager reports directly to VP, Program Management & Operations.
- Establish sustainable operational efficiencies across departments, functions and locations to:
- Drive standardization and improved business operations intelligence
- Optimize the flow of information and cross-functional activities
- Facilitate communication of interdepartmental updates
- Support the onboarding of new employees, focusing on interdepartmental processes and interactions
- Collaborates with department heads to close any interdepartmental process gaps and improvement areas
- Define, document and disseminate best practices / consistency / standards across departments
- Work closely with the different teams to ensure optimal utilization of the team and identify optimizations to drive agency profitability
- Leverage technology to reduce manual activities and human error across the organization
- Systems / software use, best practices and administration (Mavenlink, Confluence, JIRA, Asana, etc.)
- Facilitate change management across the organization including integration of new processes, practices and associated training.
- Systems admin (New Roles / changing positions / new titles / rate card changes) across software systems used by the company.
- Provide regular reporting on agency metrics including departmental and agency wide utilization.
Skills and Abilities
- Fluency with digital agency tools and productivity softwares like Google Suite, Microsoft Office, Apple Products, like Keynote, Asana, JIRA/Confluence
- Excellent communication, organizational, interpersonal and writing skills
- Respectful, positive, approachable attitude
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem solving capabilities
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related fields
- At least 5-8 years in a professional services organization in an operational capacity
- At least 5 years in a Digital Agency
- Experience in managing one or more projects and conflicting priorities.
- Experience gathering estimates, and creating and tracking budgets
- Experience managing resources working on multiple projects and setting priorities
- Experience working with remote team members
Want to Join Us?
There’s an infectious energy at Hathway. We believe that our passion for our craft and desire to strive for work/life harmony are what set us apart. This is reflected in our 6 core values: Collaboration, Inclusivity, Imagination, Accountability, Excellence, and Fun! Along with our comprehensive benefits package, we provide regular company-wide lunches and happy hours, sponsor epic ping pong and foosball competitions, and encourage connection and personal development through our Lunch + Learns – think passion projects and discussion on new technologies and industry trends. Apply with us by completing the information below. You will have a chance to attach your resume and relevant portfolio work when you submit. Cheers!
Hathway proudly provides Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and
prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex,
origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, and placement
all of the positions included on, but not limited to, our Careers page.