Hi, we’re Hathway!
Headquartered on California’s beautiful Central Coast in San Luis Obispo, with a fast-growing office in high-tech and bustling Dallas, our company is a unique blend of talent, clients, dreams and the aspiration to connect brands with people.
Hathway is looking for a Resource Manager to lead and align project demands with the team’s skills and availability. This role is critical to agency operations and requires a comprehensive understanding of the needs for every project flowing through the team, complex planning to determine the alignment of appropriate resources and working closely with contractors and recruiting to make sure that we have the right people at the right time.
The Resource Manager reports directly to VP, Production Management.
- Support and help maintain a successful, productive and efficient resource management function for Creative, Production, Technology, UX, Strategy teams and other departments as needed, based on the evolution of the agency and the business
- Run weekly resource meeting with Production Team and appropriate department heads.
- Monitor day-to-day project activities, tracking changes and identifying potential instances of under-utilization; actively proposing solutions to those issues to the Department leads
- Work closely with Client Services and Business Development to review inbound projects and model out staffing needs and when they can start.
- Maintain and update project tracking reporting.
- Assist in the sourcing, hiring, and development of a freelance bench of talent that aligns with key agency offerings. Includes Creative, Production, Technology, UX, UI, Strategy, etc.
- Partner with HR and Finance to generate and maintain contracts for all vendors, independent contractors, etc.
- Support agency leadership to derive and evaluate the data on the quarterly staffing needs which serves as an all-up view of the upcoming project landscape.
- Become well-versed in each team member’s strength, experience and passion so as to best match team members against projects.
- Work with department leadership to audit, recommend and improve workflow where possible.
- Understand team dynamics; participate in continual efforts to improve agency processes and increase productivity; coming up with ideas to help us run more smoothly.
- Serve as orientation lead for all new freelance employees. Develop and implement more efficient client-by-client on-boarding.
- Create a positive environment daily where creativity can flourish.
- Help drive and maintain the agency culture.
- 3-5+ years HR, recruiting and/or project management experience; experience with the resource management function in an advertising agency or similar creative environment ideal
- Familiarity with creative agency workflow, roles, skill sets and synergies
- Ability to plan ahead—regularly review, forecast and reforecast project resource needs
- Ability to navigate high-pressure situations, identify problems + solutions, and escalate as needed
- Highly-effective communication skills (verbal, written and listening); proven ability to build consensus and effortlessly enhance team morale
- Experience in working with multiple levels of talent and ability to tailor interactions to be as effective as possible
- Experience with HRIS, resourcing and/or project management tools
- Incredibly strong interpersonal and conflict resolutions skills
- Positive by default, ability to use strong judgement when navigating grey areas, and proven track record of finding creative solutions to challenging problems
- Strong command of business and project management platforms (we use Google, Asana, Mavenlink and others).
Want to Join Us?
There’s an infectious energy at Hathway. We believe that our passion for our craft and desire to strive for work/life harmony are what set us apart. This is reflected in our 6 core values: Collaboration, Inclusivity, Imagination, Accountability, Excellence, and Fun! Along with our comprehensive benefits package, we provide regular company-wide lunches and happy hours, sponsor epic ping pong and foosball competitions, and encourage connection and personal development through our Lunch + Learns – think passion projects and discussion on new technologies and industry trends. Apply with us by completing the information below. You will have a chance to attach your resume and relevant portfolio work when you submit. Cheers!
Hathway proudly provides Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and
prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex,
origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, and placement
all of the positions included on, but not limited to, our Careers page.