Hi, we’re Hathway!
Headquartered on California’s beautiful Central Coast in San Luis Obispo, with a fast-growing office in high-tech and bustling Dallas, our company is a unique blend of talent, clients, dreams and the aspiration to connect brands with people.
Hathway is searching for an exceptional Angular web developer to join our growing web engineering team reporting directly to our Web Technology Director. As a Senior Developer, you will be working to deliver amazing & performant web experiences, animations, and micro-interactions that are faithful to the designs our creative team builds.
- Responsible for development of complex responsive web applications along with other members of the web engineering team
- Responsible for building complex micro-interactions and animations within the experience and ensure they are mobile responsive and extremely performant on the most popular mobile devices and operating systems
- Efficiently work and collaborate with the rest of the distributed engineering and design teams
- Work with product team and graphic designers to determine the most effective & efficient path forward when hitting challenges & obstacles during development
- Develop flexible, extendable, & well-structured front-end architectures
- Implement challenging UX micro-animations and bring websites to life and delight users
- Maintain constant communication with your project manager and other developers to keep them posted on progress, blockers, and other updates critical to the project’s success.
- Deep experience with well-organized & structured markup (HTML & CSS)
- Experience with newer CSS concepts such as feature queries, grid layout, scss, etc.
- Some experience making API calls from frontend code and managing associated state and frontend responsiveness
- Deep experience with Git, including how to manage & handle merge conflicts as well as working in an environment with a strict Git process such as git-flow
- Great interpersonal and communication skills, and an ability to carefully listen when others speak and to respond in a respectful and diplomatic way to reach consensus (with both team members and our client stakeholders)
- Ability to work with modern infrastructure and cutting edge tools & technologies, like machine learning and artificial intelligence
- The opportunity to contribute to high-impact, high-visibility, and high-quality software products with hundreds of thousands of daily users
- An open, transparent and fun work culture
- Flexibility and opportunity to work remotely, dependent on state
- A culture dedicated to professional growth, with continuing education enrichment, including paid certifications and subscriptions on training and education platforms
Want to Join Us?
There’s an infectious energy at Hathway. We believe that our passion for our craft and desire to strive for work/life harmony are what set us apart. This is reflected in our 6 core values: Collaboration, Inclusivity, Imagination, Accountability, Excellence, and Fun! Along with our comprehensive benefits package, we provide regular company-wide lunches and happy hours, sponsor epic ping pong and foosball competitions, and encourage connection and personal development through our Lunch + Learns – think passion projects and discussion on new technologies and industry trends. Apply with us by completing the information below. You will have a chance to attach your resume and relevant portfolio work when you submit. Cheers!
Hathway proudly provides Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and
prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex,
origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, and placement
all of the positions included on, but not limited to, our Careers page.