Hi, we’re Hathway!
Headquartered on California’s beautiful Central Coast in San Luis Obispo, with a fast-growing office in high-tech and bustling Dallas, our company is a unique blend of talent, clients, dreams and the aspiration to connect brands with people.
The Senior API Developer at Hathway is a highly capable software engineer with strong technical skills. As an API Developer, you will take ownership of Hathway’s core NomNom API codebase and contribute towards extending it to meet the needs of Hathway’s growing list of clients. You will collaborate with Engineering and internal teams, design API components, and help deliver performant digital experiences to millions of users.
- Program software solutions in accordance with business requirements
- Participate in product strategy, design, and product discussions with internal teams to determine how to deliver the best experience for users
- Mentor junior developers on software development techniques, standards, and best practices
- Engage in knowledge sharing opportunities for the engineering team
- Collaborate with Engineering and internal teams to deliver a best-in-class customer experience for Hathway’s brands
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge and domain expertise for software architecture & engineering
- Perform technical discovery and communicate API capabilities and constraints to the product team to ensure requirements map to the API’s capabilities, as well as work with Engineering to ensure the back-end and front-end are seamlessly integrated into the API
- Develop the API codebase and work with project teams to deliver the required features and functionality within the web & app experiences
- Maintain and iterate NomNom API so that the codebase can continue to be leveraged in a multi-tenant environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong technical communication skills
- Must be able to work cohesively as a member of the team
- Able to multitask and prioritize tasks across multiple projects
- Proficiency in communicating technical concepts and solutions to non-technical audiences
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 3+ years of relevant, professional, Node.js API server development experience, including deep experience integrating an API codebase with third-party web services
- Demonstrated Angular.js experience within a large-scale web application codebase and demonstrated experience delivering highly performant, scalable, fault-tolerant digital experiences
- Experience in performing technical discovery for new integration points for third-party platforms and services
- Moderate to high proficiency skill in maintaining a multi-tenant API codebase according to best practices
- 3+ years of experience writing code in an object-oriented language; some experience developing unit tests is preferred
- BS graduate in Computer Science/Engineering or a related technical field, or relevant experience in computer software engineering
- Ability to work with modern infrastructure and cutting edge tools & technologies, like machine learning and artificial intelligence
- The opportunity to contribute to high-impact, high-visibility, and high-quality software products with hundreds of thousands of daily users
- An open, transparent and fun work culture
- Flexibility and opportunity to work remotely, dependent on state
- A culture dedicated to professional growth, with continuing education enrichment, including paid certifications and subscriptions on training and education platforms
Want to Join Us?
There’s an infectious energy at Hathway. We believe that our passion for our craft and desire to strive for work/life harmony are what set us apart. This is reflected in our 6 core values: Collaboration, Inclusivity, Imagination, Accountability, Excellence, and Fun! Along with our comprehensive benefits package, we provide regular company-wide lunches and happy hours, sponsor epic ping pong and foosball competitions, and encourage connection and personal development through our Lunch + Learns – think passion projects and discussion on new technologies and industry trends. Apply with us by completing the information below. You will have a chance to attach your resume and relevant portfolio work when you submit. Cheers!
Hathway proudly provides Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and
prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex,
origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, and placement
all of the positions included on, but not limited to, our Careers page.