Hi, we’re Hathway!
Headquartered on California’s beautiful Central Coast in San Luis Obispo, with a fast-growing office in high-tech and bustling Dallas, our company is a unique blend of talent, clients, dreams and the aspiration to connect brands with people.
The Technical Analyst at Hathway bridges the technical and business domains by actively engaging with cross-functional internal teams. A major goal of this position is ensuring delivery of highly actionable technical business requirements documentation to the Engineering team.
The Technical Analyst reports directly to the Technical Manager and works closely with the Engineering team.
- Review and refine technical requirements documentation in accordance with industry best practices
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge and domain expertise for requirements gathering and documentation processes
- Support client projects in achieving greater alignment between Hathway engineering principles and client objectives
- Facilitate and coordinate the software development estimation process
- Participate in product strategy, design, and product discussions with internal teams to determine how to deliver the best experience for users
- Advocate for the integrity and quality of Hathway’s software products at key intersections with internal departments and within client projects
- Provide insight and guidance on client projects, manage key operations processes within client projects, such as Engineering project initiations and new integrations for Hathway software products
- Gain and maintain a current understanding of Hathway software products, features, as well as codebase capabilities and constraints. Serve as a subject matter expert on key product areas while providing ad-hoc analytical support for strategic initiatives. Consistently document technical solutions to build insights and facilitate product management storytelling.
- Provide ad hoc project coordination support for dev ops, internal operations projects, and on key technical initiatives within projects
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong technical communication skills
- Must be able to work cohesively as a member of the team
- Able to multitask and prioritize tasks across multiple projects
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Strong interest in technical areas; 1-2 years of experience writing code in an object oriented language and/or web frontend framework
- 2+ years of experience deriving detailed technical software specifications/requirements from internal and external stakeholders and/or 2+ years of experience in project management, product management, and/or technical documentation
- Experience working with engineering teams and engineering leadership
- Experience with Jira and Confluence or similar tools preferred
- Bachelor’s (BS) degree in Computer Science/Engineering or a related analytical field (e.g. Business, sciences, Mathematics), or relevant experience in computer software engineering
- The opportunity to contribute to high-impact, high-visibility, and high-quality software products with hundreds of thousands of daily users
- An open, transparent and fun work culture
- Flexibility and opportunity to work remotely, dependent on state
- A culture dedicated to professional growth, with continuing education enrichment, including paid certifications and subscriptions on training and education platforms
Want to Join Us?
There’s an infectious energy at Hathway. We believe that our passion for our craft and desire to strive for work/life harmony are what set us apart. This is reflected in our 6 core values: Collaboration, Inclusivity, Imagination, Accountability, Excellence, and Fun! Along with our comprehensive benefits package, we provide regular company-wide lunches and happy hours, sponsor epic ping pong and foosball competitions, and encourage connection and personal development through our Lunch + Learns – think passion projects and discussion on new technologies and industry trends. Apply with us by completing the information below. You will have a chance to attach your resume and relevant portfolio work when you submit. Cheers!
Hathway proudly provides Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and
prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex,
origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, and placement
all of the positions included on, but not limited to, our Careers page.