Hi, we’re Hathway!
Headquartered on California’s beautiful Central Coast in San Luis Obispo, with a fast-growing office in high-tech and bustling Dallas, our company is a unique blend of talent, clients, dreams and the aspiration to connect brands with people.
Hathway is interviewing for a VP of Accounts to lead the Account Management department and oversee engagements across our portfolio of restaurant, consumer goods and retail clients. This individual will be responsible for client satisfaction, account profitability, P&L management, and install base revenue growth across all accounts by working alongside their team of Client Partners, Account Directors and Managers. They will consistently demonstrate exemplary team management skills and operational/business management capabilities in order to drive successful client engagements.
Most importantly, the ideal candidate will demonstrate a genuine passion for the digital space, beautiful design, emerging technologies and creating innovative branded experiences.
The responsibilities of the VP of Accounts will be focused on three areas: 1) Department management, 2) Team leadership, 3) Client relationship management.
- Department Management:
- Leads and consciously evolves account management function, methodologies and processes
- Fosters collaboration and partnership with other departments (Project Management, Strategy, Product Management, Creative, Technology, etc.)
- Comprehensive annual revenue planning and continuous forecasting
- Consistently achieving P&L targets across our install base of clients
- Team Leadership:
- Ongoing team mentorship and skill development
- Create and lead training programs within department; specifically providing direction and guidance around account strategic planning, client expectation management and account growth strategies
- Manages accountability and adherence of action items in account plans and achievement of goals
- Leads regular departmental and 1:1 meetings to manage team and individual performance and accountability
- Manages accountability and adherence of action items in account plans and achievement of account goals
- Team satisfaction, fulfillment and retention
- Client Relationship Management:
- Provides clients with digital marketing expertise and innovative ideas; consults on their business challenges to deliver a positive difference to their bottom line through experience, entrepreneurialism and strategic thought leadership
- Upholds a deep understanding of our clients’ customers, competitors, marketplace, and business challenges
- Maintains high client retention through building rapport with clients and by leading Account Management team to prioritize client needs and opportunities
- Expands contacts with key client executives to maintain strong post-engagement relationships while introducing new opportunities accordingly and ultimately, developing long-term client partnerships
- Successful client contract negotiations and execution, including MSA, SOW, and CO agreements
- Solicits frequent feedback from clients and distribute to teams to continuously improve the quality of our services
- 10+ years of digital agency/consultancy experience with departmental management responsibilities
- Extensive digital experience overseeing the creation, development and delivery of highly technical and complex mobile apps and websites, e-commerce experiences, and platform work
- Strong knowledge and experience in ecommerce, CRM, strategy, analytics, and technology
- Proven track record of successfully managing and leading diverse teams
- Proven track record of successful project completion, working under pressure of tight deadlines with the ability to multitask
- Experience working with engagement teams to ensure account work is projected accurately and effectively while efficiently planned and staffed with all deliverables prioritized accordingly
- Prior experiences having an executive-level presence within past organizations and with clients
- Strong presentation, verbal and written skills as well as proven ability to develop well-positioned and thoughtful documents and presentations
- Ability to establish rapport with clients at all levels within their organization
- Relationship building skills with a broad industry network as a result
Want to join us?
There’s an infectious energy at Hathway. We believe that our passion for our craft and desire to strive for work/life harmony are what set us apart. This is reflected in our 6 core values: Collaboration, Inclusivity, Imagination, Accountability, Excellence, and Fun! Along with our comprehensive benefits package, we provide regular company-wide lunches and happy hours, sponsor epic ping pong and foosball competitions, and encourage connection and personal development through our Lunch + Learns – think passion projects and discussion on new technologies and industry trends. Apply with us by completing the information below. You will have a chance to attach your resume and relevant portfolio work when you submit. Cheers!
Hathway proudly provides Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and
prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex,
origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, and placement
all of the positions included on, but not limited to, our Careers page.