- Design, develop, test, and deploy software solutions to enhance & maintain Hathway’s software products
- Participate in product strategy, design, and product discussions with internal teams to determine how to deliver the best experience for users
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies, platforms, and processes to help ensure a high-quality, maintainable codebase
- Collaborate with project and resource managers to ensure the correct development team is assembled to execute the solutions that are architected, as well as ensure the solution is implemented correctly through direct coding contributions and/or oversight
- Mentor other developers on software development techniques, standards, and best practices
- Generate & lead knowledge sharing opportunities for engineering
- Cultivate innovation by driving collaborative development of software features across multiple projects
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge and domain expertise for software architecture & engineering
- Represent engineering during client engagements and lead technical discussions with client stakeholders
- Provide thought leadership towards a strategic vision for Hathway software products across current and prospective clients; to align on direction with internal teams and executive leadership
- Collaborate with the sales and account teams during the sales cycle by providing technical expertise and guidance on Hathway software products
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong technical communication skills
- Must be able to work cohesively as a member of the team
- Able to multitask and prioritize tasks across multiple projects
- Proficiency in communicating technical concepts and solutions to non-technical audiences
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education, Experience, Certification, and Training
- 6+ years of experience writing code in an object oriented language and/or web frontend framework and developing automated tests
- Master's (MS/MBA) degree in Computer Science/Engineering/a related technical field or equivalent experience in computer software engineering
Location, Physical Requirements, and PPE
- Ability to walk, stand, sit, kneel, push, stoop, reach above the shoulder, grasp, pull, bend repeatedly, climb stairs, identify colors, hear with aid, see, write, count, read, speak, analyze, alphabetize, lift and carry under 25 lbs., perceive depth and operate a motor vehicle.
- Conditions may include working inside and/or outside. May work around machines with moving parts and moving objects. Working near radiant and electrical energy. Working closely with others or working alone. Working extended or irregular hours and travelling by all possible modes of transportation.
- Equipment (machines, tools, devices) used in performing the essential job functions include but are not limited to computers and related equipment, calculators, copiers, fax machines, telephones, and vehicles.
Hathway proudly provides Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, and placement for all of the positions included on, but not limited to, our Careers page.