Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Take ownership of individual solution designs, working with sales to deliver an architecture, functional requirements, work estimate, and high-level work plan
- Communicate solution details through strong communication skills and written documentation
- Work with the Senior Solutions Architect to improve the solution design process and brainstorm new technologies that should be integrated into Hathway’s solution offerings
- Act as visionary and strategist for solution product area
- Guide project teams to make sound decisions on system architecture that deliver resilient, high availability services
- Assist Sales by participating in client presentations when technical expertise is required
- Ensure teams are implementing solutions to defined specifications, or assist them if pivoting is required due to changing circumstances
- Identify world-class engineers, inspire them to join our team, and help them be productive quickly
- Enable the individual growth of engineers with mentorship and coaching
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experienced practitioner of Agile development & Solid understanding in best practices and software development methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to build trust and credibility with talented software engineers based on aptitude
- Broad and solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in software complexity, data structures, software design, and distributed systems
- Strong technology background with complete understanding of web, cloud services and mobile technologies and best practices of how they interact with each other
Education, Experience, Certification, and Training
- 7+ years of experience in the industry field
- 4+ years leading engineering teams across multiple projects
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or Engineering
Location, Physical Requirements, and PPE
- Ability to walk, stand, sit, kneel, push, stoop, reach above the shoulder, grasp, pull, bend repeatedly, climb stairs, identify colors, hear with aid, see, write, count, read, speak, analyze, alphabetize, lift and carry under 25 lbs., perceive depth and operate a motor vehicle.
- Conditions may include working inside and/or outside. May work around machines with moving parts and moving objects. Working near radiant and electrical energy. Working closely with others or working alone. Working extended or irregular hours and travelling by all possible modes of transportation.
- Equipment (machines, tools, devices) used in performing the essential job functions include but are not limited to computers and related equipment, calculators, copiers, fax machines, telephones, and vehicles.
Hathway proudly provides Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, and placement for all of the positions included on, but not limited to, our Careers page.