- PRODUCT STRATEGY, DIGITAL STRATEGY, AND ROADMAPPING (10%):
- Play a support role in helping to define a broader digital product roadmap for Hathway’s clients, taking direction from a Product Manager or Senior Product Manager to whom your report
- Attend internal calls and calls with clients concerning roadmap planning and digital strategy, taking notes such that any follow-up tasks are captured and then actively managed (e.g., confirming technical dependencies, performing market research, etc.)
- Contribute to the production of digital product roadmaps, so as to assemble, under the direction of a Product Manager or Senior Product Manager, items in a logical sequence, providing an asset that empowers clients to make discussions about the tradeoffs, investment themes and goals
- MARKET AND COMPETITIVE RESEARCH (10%):
- Perform market and competitive research to identify features, functionality, workflows and patterns actively being leveraged in digital experiences within or adjacent to the client’s domain
- Report on findings of competitive research by summarizing key findings and trends, using statistics and data wherever possible, capturing practices into documentation that can be consumed by stakeholders unfamiliar with the market to help provide a baseline understanding of competitive activity
- DATA ANALYSIS + INSIGHTS (15%):
- Work with Data & Insights specialists to ensure that goals and key performance indicators of assigned client brands are being captured with appropriate fidelity
- Under the direction of a Product Manager or Senior Product manager, gather data from analytics repositories such that progress against client goals and KPIs can be reported on, both on a routine and ad-hoc basis
- BACKLOG GROOMING AND REFINEMENT (55%):
- Gather, validate and document the functional and non-functional requirements of the digital products we build for clients, producing user stories, acceptance criteria, user flows, data flows and annotations to support Hathway’s engineers with the clarity needed to execute new development items
- Attend all key sprint and backlog planning and grooming cadences, actively taking notes and capturing follow-up items
- Take the “Definition of Done” personally when writing acceptance criteria; accountability here is critical to the success of the role, and the Associate Product Manager must be deeply passionate about writing exhaustive, thoughtful, multi-perspective and multi-scenario acceptance criteria that help bridge gaps in understanding between what clients expect to receive and what internal Hathway engineers must accomplish to satisfy that expectation
- Ensure that all backlog items, including development items, research tasks and defects, include detailed descriptions of “Definition of Done”
- Work with Design and UX teams to ensure successful delivery of supporting assets
- Attend problem-solving meetings with internal team members (including product managers, engineers and solution architects) as well as external partners, capturing notes and action items that must be performed by the product management team in order to follow through and overcome challenges stemming from new systems integrations and new product deployments
- RELEASE MANAGEMENT AND QUALITY ASSURANCE (10%):
- Engage in day-to-day activities ensuring successful product deployments
- Create release checklists adhering to release processes and policies
- Participate in user acceptance testing and perform smoke testing as needed to ensure releases and release candidates meet functional expectations, rapidly logging any defects along with detailed steps to reproduce
- Experience working within product development and evaluation processes.
- Experience working with Product Managers, Strategists, and Business Analysts
- Professional presentation and communication skills.
- Driven by a passion for success based on delivering great quality for our clients.
- BA/BS degree in Business, Communications, Computer Science or equivalent.
- 6-12 months of cumulative internships specific to product, user experience, software development, research, data analysis, or requirements documentation.
Location, Physical Requirements, and PPE
- Ability to walk, stand, sit, kneel, push, stoop, reach above the shoulder, grasp, pull, bend repeatedly, climb stairs, identify colors, hear with aid, see, write, count, read, speak, analyze, alphabetize, lift and carry under 25 lbs., perceive depth and operate a motor vehicle.
- Conditions may include working inside and/or outside. May work around machines with moving parts and moving objects. Working near radiant and electrical energy. Working closely with others or working alone. Working extended or irregular hours and traveling by all possible modes of transportation.
- Equipment (machines, tools, devices) used in performing the essential job functions include but are not limited to computers and related equipment, calculators, copiers, fax machines, telephones, and vehicles
Hathway proudly provides Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, and placement for all of the positions included on, but not limited to, our Careers page.