Areas of Responsibility
- PRODUCT STRATEGY, DIGITAL STRATEGY, AND ROADMAPPING:
- Inform the a broader digital roadmap for Hathway’s clients
- Assist in building consensus on business objectives and key performance objectives
- Attend internal calls and calls with clients concerning roadmap planning and digital strategy, taking notes such that any follow-up tasks are captured and then actively managed (e.g., confirming technical dependencies, performing market research, etc.)
- Contribute to the production of digital roadmaps, so as to assemble, items in a logical sequence, providing an asset that empowers clients to make discussions about the tradeoffs, investment themes and goals
- Provide insight into solution prioritization to assess roadmap initiatives while gaining consensus with business stakeholders
- Lead the release planning process, gaining stakeholder buy-in and alignment
- Identify cross-product opportunities and efficiencies, working closely with product leadership teams
- MARKET AND COMPETITIVE RESEARCH:
- Identify user research opportunities and help guide the teams toward execution, while helping to show value in these efforts to your business stakeholders
- Perform market and competitive research to identify features, functionality, workflows and patterns actively being leveraged in digital experiences within or adjacent to the client’s domain
- Report on findings of competitive research by summarizing key findings and trends, using statistics and data wherever possible, capturing practices into documentation that can be consumed by stakeholders unfamiliar with the market to help provide a baseline understanding of competitive activity
- Give creative recommendations and insights into future enhancements and initiatives on the roadmap, assessing market trends and opportunities
- DATA ANALYSIS + INSIGHTS:
- Provide a meaningful tracking strategy, reporting and insights for defined goals and key performance indicators back in data
- Work with Data & Insights specialists to ensure that goals and key performance indicators of assigned client brands are being captured with appropriate fidelity
- Guide the process to gather data from analytics repositories such that progress against client goals and KPIs can be reported on, both on a routine and ad-hoc basis
- FUNCTIONAL DESIGN + REQUIREMENTS GATHERING:
- Lead feature brief process to help define business and product requirements and helping to flush out the direction for roadmap features
- Provide direction on requirement prioritization for grooming and sprint planning
- Collaborate with creative, engineering and project teams to reach the best possible version of a feature or product to bring to market
- Gather, validate and document the functional and non-functional requirements of the digital products we build for clients, producing user stories, acceptance criteria, user flows, data flows and annotations to support Hathway’s engineers with the clarity needed to execute new development items
- Grow our client engagements through ROI and data driven strategies.
- Combine qualitative-quantitative research, organizational and market analysis, and problem-solving and business planning methods to develop effective strategic recommendations.
- Develop a comprehensive digital strategy that informs product, experience, engagement, and loyalty practices.
- Develop a cohesive, compelling strategic vision for the client that guides their overall business plans, with a solid understanding of how to marry the needs of the customer and client business.
- Communicate strategic visions to the client, and help them and their teams socialize the strategy to the greater organization.
- Be the voice of the customer, know the brand inside and out, keep a pulse on the competitors, and focus on driving towards agreed upon KPIs.
- Lead workshops and QSPs as a consistent partner to the client across all activities they are engaged with.
- Partner and work directly with client and internal senior leadership to drive growth and ensure high levels of client satisfaction.
- Study global and regional trends with respect to economic strength, consumer behaviors, digital trends and industry insights to inform ongoing business plans.
- Participate in pitches and business development opportunities for key accounts.
- Lead project team members, work effectively with senior management, and contribute to a great project and company culture.
- Ability to construct a compelling narrative and build concise organizing frameworks to communicate complex information in a simple way.
- Conduct effective research and synthesize a large amount of information into strong conclusions backed by rigor and principal ideas.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with strategic and creative partners.
- Proven track record of financial success of strategic plans.
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams in high pressure situations.
- Demonstrated experience communicating broad strategic initiatives.
- Willingness to simultaneously tackle multiple projects and challenges.
- Ability to problem solve independently.
- Passion to rapidly build expertise on new businesses and industry verticals.
- Desire to work on large and high profile brands and businesses.
- Ability to uncover strong insights and turn those into differentiated strategies.
- Ability to shape and express ideas clearly through strong writing skills and compelling storytelling.
- Proposal and SOW development experience
- Strong client relationship leader
- Experience with waterfall and agile methodologies. Certifications are a plus
- Experience with both native application and web platforms
- Agency experience is a plus
- Restaurant, C-Store, or general ecommerce experience is a plus
- Some travel is required
Education and Experience
- 2 -4+ yrs experience in Consulting, Strategy, Product Management, UX Design, Project Management or Software Development, preferably in a digital marketing or agency capacity
- BA/BS degree in Business, Communications, Computer Science or equivalent
Location, Physical Requirements, and PPE
- Ability to walk, stand, sit, kneel, push, stoop, reach above the shoulder, grasp, pull, bend repeatedly, climb stairs, identify colors, hear with aid, see, write, count, read, speak, analyze, alphabetize, lift and carry under 25 lbs., perceive depth and operate a motor vehicle.
- Conditions may include working inside and/or outside. May work around machines with moving parts and moving objects. Working near radiant and electrical energy. Working closely with others or working alone. Working extended or irregular hours and traveling by all possible modes of transportation.
- Equipment (machines, tools, devices) used in performing the essential job functions include but are not limited to computers and related equipment, calculators, copiers, fax machines, telephones, and vehicles.
Hathway proudly provides Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, and placement for all of the positions included on, but not limited to, our Careers page.