- Program software solutions in accordance with business requirements
- Design, develop, test, and deploy software solutions to maintain and improve Hathway software products
- Participate in product strategy, design, and product discussions with internal teams to determine how to deliver the best experience for users
- Communicate codebase capabilities and constraints to the product team to ensure requirements map to codebase capabilities
- Engage in knowledge sharing opportunities for the engineering team
- Collaborate with Engineering and internal teams to deliver a best-in-class customer experience for Hathway’s brands
- Connect with the software development community and track latest trends and emerging technologies
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies, and processes to help ensure a high-quality, maintainable codebase
- Mentor junior developers on software development techniques, standards, and best practices
- Cultivate innovation by driving collaborative development of software features across multiple projects
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge and domain expertise for software architecture & engineering
- Perform technical discovery for new business logic capabilities that must be built into the codebase, and work with the product team to ensure requirements match with the capabilities of existing and new integrations with third-party platforms and services
- Develop web applications with an emphasis on front-end/presentation layer and domain logic; work with project teams to deliver the required features and functionality within the digital experiences
- Maintain and expand the front-end/presentation layer and domain logic so features and functionality can continue to be shared across all of Hathway’s client deployments
- Demonstrated understanding of web development protocols and front-end technologies: HTML5, CSS3, SCSS/SASS/LESS, JSON, XML
- Experience working with third-party developer tools such as Swagger, Cyprus, Git/Github, Docker, etc.
- Experience developing scalable systems and codebases, and developing testable, reusable, and efficient code without the explicit directive to do so
- Experience working with two or more from the following: web application development, Ionic application development, server-side applications, high load/high traffic user-facing web applications, cloud technologies, Unix/Linux environments
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong technical communication skills
- Must be able to work cohesively as a member of the team
- Able to multitask and prioritize tasks across multiple projects
- Proficiency in communicating technical concepts and solutions to non-technical audiences
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education, Experience, Certification, and Training
- 3-4 years of experience writing code in an object oriented language and/or web frontend framework and developing automated tests
- BS graduate in Computer Science/Engineering or a related technical field, or relevant experience in computer software engineering
Location, Physical Requirements, and PPE
- Ability to walk, stand, sit, kneel, push, stoop, reach above the shoulder, grasp, pull, bend repeatedly, climb stairs, identify colors, hear with aid, see, write, count, read, speak, analyze, alphabetize, lift and carry under 25 lbs., perceive depth and operate a motor vehicle.
- Conditions may include working inside and/or outside. May work around machines with moving parts and moving objects. Working near radiant and electrical energy. Working closely with others or working alone. Working extended or irregular hours and travelling by all possible modes of transportation.
- Equipment (machines, tools, devices) used in performing the essential job functions include but are not limited to computers and related equipment, calculators, copiers, fax machines, telephones, and vehicles.
Hathway proudly provides Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, and placement for all of the positions included on, but not limited to, our Careers page.