- Work with the Head of DevOps to understand Hathway’s AWS infrastructure and help make changes and iterative improvements to it
- Execute AWS CloudFormation changesets across Hathway’s client brands based on direction from Head of DevOps
- Help set up AWS Metrics, Alarms, and Alert Notifications to help the team stay apprised of any infrastructure or application issues to enable the development and DevOps teams to proactively resolve issues
- Be a quick learner and dive into new & unfamiliar tasks in order to be able to make progress and ultimately complete tasks that are assigned to you
- Be assigned innovation projects within Hathway and work with stakeholders to flesh out requirements, and then build prototypes, processes, or automations that satisfy those requirements.
- Have fun! We value our interns and try to find ways to have them work on key things that allow us to deliver amazing work to our clients… sometimes you’ll be doing behind-the-scenes tasks but everything you’re working on will make a difference to the company!
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Some experience with the AWS Management Console and a basic understanding of cloud resources and the most basic AWS products such as EC2, Lambda, etc.
- Strong desire to learn by doing and learn through mentorship from the Head of DevOps
- Understanding & experience of distributed software version control systems like Git or Mercurial
- Understanding & experience with basic CI/CD principals
Education, Experience, Certification, and Training
- Working towards a Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, OMIS, or a relevant field
- Experience working with a distributed version control system such as Git
- Exposure to writing code for web, server or mobile applications
- Ability to work 15+ hours during the school year or full-time in summer
Hathway proudly provides Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, and placement for all of the positions included on, but not limited to, our Careers page.