Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- We see Senior Visual Designers as talented, driven experts with a passion for making gorgeous, ground-breaking work and a commitment to fostering the talents of the employees they work with. Senior Visual Designers are passionate about people, customer obsessed, and need to collaborate across disciplines on a daily basis all while maintaining high standards for original concepts and detailed execution.
- Working closely with fellow Visual Designers, UX Designers and Front-End Engineers to ensure the solidity of design systems and deliver best-in-class visual designs.
- Helping build and maintain a visual identity system – managing brand consistency across all touchpoints in the customer journey through the creation of design specs, standards, style guides, toolkits, and processes.
- Working closely with members of the product management and marketing teams to align the product strategy with target audience needs, brand positioning, and team resources.
- Participate in the brainstorming of and creation of concepts for best-in-class user experiences.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A well-crafted and curated online portfolio with a focus on web and app designs (UX/UI).
- An ability to take an interaction design concept and translate it into production-ready mockups, assets & icons for any platforms including desktop, web and mobile apps. Creating and refining design systems, digital style guides, toolkits and brand libraries.
- Expert knowledge of Sketch and Photoshop (or related applications) and thorough understanding of graphic design principles, including screen layout, color theory and typography as it applies to the final app and interactions.
- Understand and apply best practices for UX/UI and the tools used in user-centered interaction design
Education and Experience
- BFA / BA in Art or Graphic Design or related field.
- 4+ years experience in product and marketing design.
- Mobile experience (native apps, responsive web design, etc).
- Past experience on teams that have created new products as well as improved existing ones.
- UX know-how (preferred, not required).
- HTML/CSS/JS knowledge (preferred, not required).
- Past experience creating designs for web apps and/or mobile apps that are highly regarded for their stunning design and usability.
Hathway proudly provides Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, and placement for all of the positions included on, but not limited to, our Careers page.