- Work with a team of product and project managers and engineers from multiple disciplines (native apps developers, platform engineers, QA engineers) to achieve on-time delivery of best-in-class app experiences.
- Be willing to quickly learn custom UI development techniques to deliver amazing customer experiences that utilize complex animations, custom view transitions, micro-interactions, and other custom UX & UI functionality, leveraging well-maintained open source libraries where possible.
- Work with tech leads to create a development plan early in the project life cycle to define how business and functional requirements can be achieved using existing solutions, integrations, and/or custom development.
- Facilitate and contribute to key Android architectural improvements within the Platform along with the rest of the team, and communicate the cost/benefit implications of recommendations upward to yourself and other Tech management team members.
- Collaborate with the development team to build high quality code, following and contributing to key processes like code reviews, department style guides, and new developer onboarding documentation.
- Lead key Release events, including managing app store submissions
- Effectively communicate technology strategies to non-technical Hathway team members, and have the ability to justify technology decisions while being able to refine plans based on feedback received from others.
- Understand the capabilities and roadmap of Hathway's intellectual property and make decisions on when it can be leveraged and when investments need to be made to expand it.
- Collaborate with an engineering team that values quality over quantity, and create & execute initiatives to help train the engineering staff to reach their career goals and become Ever Better™ engineers.
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience in software engineering including solid knowledge of Android mobile app development and experience integrating with numerous third-party libraries and APIs
- Must have experience with the Google Play store app submission process. Required experience includes one or more app submissions, plus multiple app updates.
- Experience with the Firebase platform & GCP and associated tools and frameworks a plus.
- Proven track record of success in working with a team of developers to deliver impactful, high-quality apps to the market.
Hathway proudly provides Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, and placement for all of the positions included on, but not limited to, our Careers page.