- Responsible for payroll processing, including but not limited to, entering new employees into ADP, updating employee information, rates of pay and other related items in ADP and our HRIS system, auditing timesheets, handling direct deposit requests, processing manual checks and off-cycle payrolls, calculating final check and PTO payouts, processing wage garnishments, raises, bonuses and commissions, process accurate and timely year-end reporting.
- Resolve payroll discrepancies and reconcile hourly wage reports
- Process and issue W-2 forms to employees
- Process all 401k plan transactions in ADP and 401k provider portal, to include but not limited to: enrollment, matching, distributions, rollovers and loans.
- Prepare monthly general ledger reconciliations and journal entries in accounting system related to payroll transactions, PTO, FSA, Medical benefits, 401k, etc.
- Prepare and track various payroll and benefits related reports including but not limited to: overtime, turn-over, leave accruals, and other reports requested by management. Distribute reports to appropriate management.
- Address and resolve employee requests related to payroll and benefits administration, process relocation requests and ensure State compliance.
- Assist Management in providing payroll budget updates and forecasts and reporting of payroll costs and expenses, performing account balance and payroll reconciliation, preparing financial reports for accounting and auditing purposes.
- Analyze financial statements for discrepancies in payroll entries and other related entries and ensure data accuracy.
- Assist in State by State registration, unemployment benefits, disability, worker’s compensation and other required reporting as needed.
- Facilitate audits by providing records and documentation to auditors and management.
- Oversee the timely filing of all required Federal and State payroll withholding reports in conjunction with our payroll provider ADP and manage any other State business filings and compliance reporting.
- Minimum of three years of similar or related experience. Degree in Accounting or Business desired. SHRM-CP or PHR certification - preferred, but not required.
- Proven experience as a general ledger accountant, payroll specialist or accounting analyst. Experience with ADP preferred.
- Knowledge of technical accounting functions, financial statements, financial record keeping, bookkeeping and payroll best practices.
- Problem-solving skills: ability to analyze data and search for inconsistencies, then reconcile inconsistencies and devise solutions for errors.
- Math skills: experience working with Excel formulas, numbers and making calculations with minimal errors.
- Experience with auditing financial statements with a strong eye for errors and inconsistencies, ability to correct mistakes and feeling comfortable interpreting accuracy of financial documents.
- Proficient in intermediate level Microsoft Word and Excel. HRIS experience - preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a high member service orientation.
- Handle confidential information with the highest level of discretion.
- Experience working with California employers.
- Excellent attention to detail.
Location, Physical Requirements, and PPE
- Ability to walk, stand, sit, kneel, push, stoop, reach above the shoulder, grasp, pull, bend repeatedly, climb stairs, identify colors, hear with aid, see, write, count, read, speak, analyze, alphabetize, lift and carry under 25 lbs., perceive depth and operate a motor vehicle.
- Conditions may include working inside and/or outside. May work around machines with moving parts and moving objects. Working near radiant and electrical energy. Working closely with others or working alone. Working extended or irregular hours and traveling by all possible modes of transportation.
- Equipment (machines, tools, devices) used in performing the essential job functions include but are not limited to computers and related equipment, calculators, copiers, fax machines, telephones, and vehicles.
Hathway proudly provides Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, and placement for all of the positions included on, but not limited to, our Careers page.