WHAT YOU'LL DO HERE
- Program software solutions in accordance with business requirements.
- Participate in product strategy, design, and product discussions with internal teams to determine how to deliver the best experience for users.
- Mentor junior developers on software development techniques, standards, and best practices
- Engage in knowledge sharing opportunities for the engineering team.
- Collaborate with Engineering and internal teams to deliver a best-in-class customer experience for Hathway’s brands.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge and domain expertise for software architecture & engineering.
- Act as a technical lead for Hathway’s NomNom API server, representing the Technology team in discussions with the product team to define new features & functionality as well as create and execute work plans to build & deploy roadmap features to the brands that Hathway works with.
- Perform technical discovery and communicate API capabilities and constraints to the product team to ensure requirements map to the API’s capabilities, as well as work with Engineering to ensure the back-end and front-end are seamlessly integrated into the API.
- Develop the API codebase and work with project teams to deliver the required features and functionality within the web & app experiences
- BS graduate in Computer Science/Engineering or a related technical field, or relevant experience in computer software engineering
- 5+ years of experience writing code in an object-oriented language; some experience developing unit tests is preferred
- 4+ years of relevant, professional, Node.js API server development experience, including deep experience integrating an API codebase with third-party web services
- Demonstrated Angular.js experience within a large-scale web application codebase and demonstrated experience delivering highly performant, scalable, fault-tolerant digital experiencesHigh proficiency in maintaining a multi-tenant API codebase according to best practices
- Experience in performing technical discovery for new integration points for third-party platforms and services
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect, or comparable cloud computing certifications preferred
- Excellent problem-solving skillsStrong technical communication skills
- Must be able to work cohesively as a member of the team
- Able to multitask and prioritize tasks across multiple projects
- Proficiency in communicating technical concepts and solutions to non-technical audiences
Hathway proudly provides Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, and placement for all of the positions included on, but not limited to, our Careers page.